Monday, November 26, 2012

Sergio got baptized!

My week has gone pretty well.  First off, I want to tell you to thank the Elders Quorum for sending a letter to me.    How has your week gone?  Anything new happen?

Well for me, I will tell you why my week went pretty well.  Sergio got baptized on Sunday.  So here is the story.  The zone leaders were wondering why he kept losing all of his baptismal dates.  I told them why.  Then they said, “Well, if he doesn’t change, then you need to drop him.”  So I told him on Sunday, the previous Sunday, about what the zone leaders had said.  So, I gave him a choice.  “We can drop you right now or do you want a week to change?  And if we don’t see a change we will have to drop you.”  He said the one week so we went with it.  We went back to his house two days later with the District President.  The District President, President Macios is his friend and we actually found Sergio through him.  Sergio was excited to see us.  He told us that he hadn’t smoked or drank coffee in two days.  Oh and this happened on Tuesday.  He ended up putting up his own baptismal date for Sunday.  We were shocked, or at least I was.  President and us were really happy.  So we went with that good.  Then every day after we visited him.  He looked so happy and excited to see us.  He told us that he hadn’t smoked or broken the word of wisdom.  He said that he felt better inside and out for everyday more that he went.  His desire to read the Book of Mormon sky rocketed.  (Last time we checked he was in Jacob 2.  He probably isn’t even in Jacob anymore.)  Then eventually came Saturday.  We had the interview for Sergio in the church.  Elder Turley came and interviewed him.  He passed!!!  I was so happy.  During the week we prepared for his baptism.  So the next day he got baptized.  We had a good attendance there.  The following hour he received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Later on that day, we visited him as a member of the church.  He was really happy.  We talked to him for a bit.  He said that he felt good.  He said that he didn’t remember really getting tempted anymore and he is already doing missionary work.  He has been talking with family, friends and neighbors.  He has been sharing his testimony about the Book of Mormon with them, and he has invited them to read it.  Right now I am just super content.  Sergio specifically, has been worth my entire mission.  This has been such an amazing experience seeing him really change his life completely, in many aspects.  I am so grateful for this experience and I wish you all, Elder Hartmann and Ashley could have been there.  The gospel changes lives.  Remember that!


I’m happy you met Elder, I mean M Hartmann.  Let me know how dinner goes with his family.

Thanks for the gratitude message.  You definitely learn to be more grateful for things while you are on your mission. 

I love you all.  Do good, stay strong and share the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment