How was everyone’s week? Have you talked to or seen Elder Hartmann
lately? I really miss him a lot. I can say he was my best companion so
far. All the time here while I’m in
Villa Hidalgo, tons of memories of us two just pop into my mind. It makes me a bit depressed. He was so good to me and taught me so many
things. Also, it doesn’t help when people
here bring up his name. There are some
points in the day where I am on the verge of crying. I hide it though and smile all the time. My companion isn’t a smiler but he
appreciates the smile I always have.
It’s hard to hide my feelings but I do it.
Well now I am a trainer to Elder Montiel
who is from Mexico City. On top of that
responsibility I am also a district leader.
First, I’m a trainer. My new greenie, Elder Montiel is twenty five
years old. He is obedient to the rules. He knows a bit of English, about as much
Spanish as I knew entering the MTC.
That’s a tad bit difficult. We
can communicate though. He also
participates in the lessons a ton.
Almost too much, but it is good he is trying. He is also pretty humble. He is in the middle of three brothers. His older brother served a mission, and his
younger brother entered the field the same day he did, but his brother is in
another part of Mexico. As the trainer,
I’m training his with just about everything, from cleaning the house, lessons,
scriptures, rules, to not saying he doesn’t like the food at member’s
houses. I also teach his the area,
planning, diligence, etc.
As a district leader I have to report to
the zone leaders that my district is in the house by nine at night. Then I have to get reports from the other
companionship in my district that work in San Blas every night. Then after that, I call the zone leaders to
give them the report of the district.
Also three or four times a month on Tuesdays, I give the district
meetings. Also when San Blas needs to
get an investigator interviewed for baptism, I go interview the investigator. Let’s just say I have a ton more
responsibilities now.
I haven’t received the Thanksgiving
package yet but thank you.
The kids better be good to mom. Help her out with cleaning. Do what you can for her before you leave on
your mission. Trust me… You only have her for a short time and then
you grow up. It’s a bit depressing,
thinking that I’m not going to be able to be able to live in the house with
her, dad or the kids anymore. Time
flies. A little quote for a mission but
also for life: “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” Don’t have regrets and remember President
Uchtdorf’s talk from general conference.
Love each other and make the days count.
I’m not sure if you have seen Elder Hartmann
yet, but if you have I hope you enjoy the surprise.
My Spanish has improved. I wonder why?
Probably because that is all I can speak to communicate with people
besides an American in my district, Elder Longhurst. I also have an American Zone Leader, Elder
Turby. Elder Turby was actually in my
MTC district. He was also my companion
two days. Haha
We have another investigator names
Jessica. She has a baptism date set for
November 24th. I believe she
will be baptized before Sergio. It’s
just that Sergio isn’t quitting his addiction.
It’s been pretty disappointing with him.
Anyway, I love you all a lot. Please pray for Jessica, Sergio, Antonio,
Xochitl (?), and Sandy. They are our
main investigators that we are working with.
Do good, stay strong and make the days count!
No comments:
Post a Comment