How was Elder Hartmann’s homecoming? Have you talked with him yet? He seriously is my favorite companion.
Good to hear that the Veteran’s Day
breakfast went well. I was hoping that
it would.
You went to Aunt E’s and Uncle L’s? I’m sure they appreciated it. That stake conference sounds really
neat. I wish I could have heard
that. The apostles and President Monson
have said that the Lord is hastening us.
I too am excited to hear the new numbers. Every day we are getting closer to the second
coming. We need to prepare ourselves now
and not procrastinate.
I did hear about President Obama being
re-elected. I was pretty bummed to hear
that. The country is going downhill. He better change something quickly.
Hawaii?!
You are lucky! I wonder how it is
there. That’s good that
you (Mom and Dad) will have some alone time.
I don’t mind if you ask me questions. I actually like it when you do ask me
questions. I just don’t like it when you
say I’m not giving enough details. I
only have a certain amount of time in the day to do the things I need to
do.
How are all the other missionaries in the
ward? Are there any new mission
calls? How many calls are waiting right
now?
So this week was pretty tough. We received a new rule in the mission, that
we can only teach investigators with a member present, or we have to take them
to the church to teach them. This is
especially more tough with the area that I am in. Small area with a super small branch. So it’s been a huge struggle this week having
to turn down appointments when the member doesn’t show up. Plus the members here work until 6 or 7 at
night. So yeah. We are doing our absolute best here and being
exactly obedient.
Sergio went two and a half days without
smoking before he relapsed. We told him
that we need to see a change in him this week or we will have to drop him. The zone leaders have been wondering why his
baptismal dates have fallen through. So
if we don’t see a change this week, we will have to drop him. Please keep him in your prayers for him to
make the change.
Also tonight, we are going to put a
baptismal date with Jessica for December 8th. Our leaders want investigators to attend
church three times now before baptism.
The statistics are the more times they attend church before baptism, the
more likely they will be active members in the church.
My Spanish is getting a lot better. I keep getting more comments on how I speak and
know a lot more Spanish. I can almost
consider myself fluent in Spanish. One
more month and I will be there. I’m
super excited for that day.
Anyway, thank you so much for your love,
support and prayers. They really do help
me a lot. I love you so much and I can’t
wait for the day when I can give you all a great big long hug. Do good, prepare for a mission, and endure to
the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment