How is everyone? Well I'm sure doing pretty well. My scripture study has increased a lot recently. I finished the new testament and started the Book of Mormon in English in place of it. So I'm in Alma 32(Spanish), Job 16, 1 Nephi 15. So the scripture study is going pretty well. I wonder if you liked the salsa recipe I included. And just to let you know. I actually blended 3 habaneros into my salsa. It was mmm mmm good!
Anyway, yesterday we had a couple interesting moments. So we were riding up the most ghetto street in La Mesa called Schoolridge, and we saw that there was a woman needing help moving furniture into her house. So we went and offered our help. We moved the dresser into the house. After that we talked a little about the church and handed a pass along card to her. Then she says,"Oh I'm a non denominational Christian, and you know how that goes.." and we said "Well we are Christian too" and then she said, "Well we believe differently. We actually believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah." and we said, "That's exactly what we believe too" then she sighed. Then she said, "Well it's just different." hahahaha Well obviously lot of people are misinformed about our church if they dont even think that Christ is the Messiah. It is so sad that some churches will just dedicate all of there teaching in their congregations to persecute, bash, and avoid Mormons. So sad! But it needs to happen. That was one of the prophecies of the Book of Mormon. If that didn't happen, then the Book of Mormon wouldn't be true. I love the Book of Mormon.
Also we received a referral for a less active. So we go over to the address and knock on the door. The door opens a tiny bit with a really old lady poking her head out. She says "hi" before she pokes her head out and then she looks out and sees us. Then she says "not interested" and closed the door on us right there and then. All of this happened in a matter of one or two seconds. We didn't even have time to say anything. We think we just got the wrong address or something. haha So yeah...yesterday was a pretty new day. So many things happen while on a mission! So many experiences! hahah
Thank you for all the support and love that you give me. Look for those opportunities to share the gospel. So many people need to hear the gospel. It is signs of the times. We need to get it there quicker. hahaha I'm having a good time being a missionary even with having a few trials here and there. It's all good and makes me stronger. Stay strong and know that I pray for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment