So my studies up to date are Isaiah 18,
Alma 15, and Alma 62(Spanish) It’s still coming along.
So something pretty crazy happened this
past week. One day we were riding this past week, Elder Heredia full on crashed
twice in one day. The first time, he didn’t notice a higher curb, so he goes
off of it and completely does a front flip and was lying on the ground. The
second one was even crazier. I was riding behind him and we were cruising down
a hill to get to an appointment. Then Elder Heredia tries to get up on to the
sidewalk, but hits the driveway thing wrong. All of the sudden, I see him flip
over and his bike starts sliding on its side for like 10 feet, and he flies
off. His head goes through a bush, while he is tumbling in circles like four
times. Then by the time he gets out of the bush, his helmet comes off. So his
head was in the bush getting scraped up while his body is tumbling and going
crazy over the sidewalk. Of course I was freaking out. hahaha I gave him some
room to breathe and tried to help him as best as I could. His hand hurt really
bad. We thought it was broken. We went to the urgent care this past week and
the doctor said it was a sprain. They said the radiologists will check the
x-ray better and call us within the next few days to see if it’s broken. His
hand/wrist/forearm are still hurting pretty badly. We are keeping him in our
prayers. So that was our interesting tid bit this past week.
San Diego is still doing well. The weather
is good. We had a couple random days of freezingness and then it went back to
hot toasty days for biking.
So we were still unable to get Daniel to
church this week. He said he isn’t going
to rely on his son anymore for the ride, and that he wants a ride from someone
in the branch. So we are going to set up
a ride for him this Sunday.
This past Sunday though, we got one investigator,
Abel, and a less active, Luis Gutierrez, to church. So church was still a success. I also gave the opening prayer in Sacrament
meeting again.
I also have been speaking more Spanish
this week, and I have been leaving my comfort zone a little bit. So I feel like I have progressed a lot more
in this past week.
I’m sorry this isn’t a great letter. I guess I’m not really in the mood set for
writing right now especially since I burned the inside of my right ring finger
while cooking. So it is hurting quite a
bit right now.
A lot of good has happened this past week,
but when there is the most good there is the most evil. So we were doing good work, but we have also
gotten a lot of opposition too. We had
more people from their cars cuss at us, and say messed up things to us. We even had someone throw a slice of bread at
us. We also had a lot of rejection. We had lots of different interesting talks
with people, when we contacted people on the street. People ignored us completely, a person called
us a cult, and some people were fine talking with us until they found out we
were Mormon. So many people are ignorant
about our church. A cult is two or more
people together in a religious group that believes in a higher being. So we are a cult, and so are every other Christian
church. It’s just sad to see people
reject us.
For the good though this past week, we
contacted some good people on the street, had good lessons, and our
companionship has grown a lot.
Transfers are coming up next week, so any of
our companionship could get moved, and we could get someone in their place. I’ll let you know next week if anything
happens to our companionship.
I’m not sure if I have told you all yet,
but I have been writing in my journal everyday so far on my mission. I didn't believe I could do it, but now I’m in
such a habit. It is neat that I
will be able to look back at any day and know basically what happened that
day. I have gained a testimony about
writing a journal. Yes, there is room
for improvement to write more in detail, but I am getting better at it. Now I am realizing why it is important to
write in a journal. I wish I wrote in my
journals more before my mission. I am
definitely wanting to continue this habit after my mission. I want to challenge all of you to write in
your journal at least once a week, maybe more if you can. In the future, you and your future family
will wish you had. So that will be my
challenge. Oh, and also be as detailed
as you can.
Thank you for everything. I really appreciate the emails, packages, and support. I love you all so much and I want you to know that you are in my prayers all the time. I pray for you daily. Stay strong and do good.
He didn't tell me about the journal writing in my letter but I am very happy he is doing that. I can also testify of the power of journal writing everyday. It is not just a strength for those in the future but for myself. I go back to certain days where I have been taught by the spirit and re live that moment over again. Thank you for sharing that (:
ReplyDelete