How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing well. It sounds like you are noticing some blessings. Well my reading right now is Alma 26(Spanish), 2 Chronicles 30, and 1 John 5. My goal is to finish up the New Testament by Sunday and then start reading the Book of Mormon in English again. Im super excited:D
And I can't believe that Ashley saw Wes!!! Holy Moly! How lucky are both of them!! I heard that they got a picture. I thought that they would have seen each other, but San Antonio is pretty big! (His best friends)
And I can't believe that Ashley saw Wes!!! Holy Moly! How lucky are both of them!! I heard that they got a picture. I thought that they would have seen each other, but San Antonio is pretty big! (His best friends)
But we did end up getting our investigator Daniel to church!!! The one I told you about in the letter. He is so solid and I am so happy to be able to be here till he gets baptized. He is keeping all of the commitments and is ready. He just needs to come to church two more times and then it will be time! Ill keep you updated on him.
I know that you have all noticed that I give commitments to the family quite often. Giving commitments are really good. People are less likely to act when they are not invited to do something. People also change and grow from doing commitments. Well at least commitments that are given from missionaries or authorities. I invite you to do these things and hope that you commit to them. I do this because I want to help the family as much as I can while I am out here on my mission. I want you to receive blessings and notice them. By doing some of these commitments that I give you such as reading the Book of Mormon or coming up with things that you are grateful for, you will receive blessings. Something that we have been taught in the MTC and in the mission is that we have the authority and can give out commitments. And we can promise blessings, even specific blessings to people if they follow through with the commitment. If a missionary gives you a commitment, I want you to take it. Elder Bednar said in a talk at the MTC that us missionaries are apostles with a non capitalized "a". We do what the apostles do. We are worthy also. We recieve revelation and inspiration all the time because of this. What I want you to do is to invite the missionaries of the ward to come over to the house. They also better leave a commitment. If they don't, then they should have. Because missionaries need to leave commitments, or people won't act. Whatever commitment they give you, I want you to do it.
Stay strong, and BE steadfast and immovable always abounding in good works.

No comments:
Post a Comment