Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Six more weeks in San Diego



     How is everyone doing?  I hope you are happy you got a letter from me!  Most missionaries don’t even write their families through mail, and lots of them barely write anything in email too.  So please be grateful!  Haha

     Daniel didn’t come to church again… We will set up a ride for him to go next week since that seems to be what his problem is.  We had another lesson with him this past week though.  He is still very interested in the church.  We taught him the Law of Chastity.  We found out he has a girlfriend and that it will be a little tough for him.  He believes in the Law of Chastity, but he doesn’t want to leaves his girlfriends; because he doesn’t want to feel alone.  I guess the only two people that he has are his girlfriend and his son Jair, who is 17.  No worries though.   We will change him, and get him ready.  He has already accepted everything else really well.

     I guess it is also looking like I’m going to be staying here in San Diego for another six weeks!  If I ever do end up going to Mexico now, I will now only spend less than ¾ of my mission there.  This next transfer, I will have been here a  ¼ of my mission.  That is so crazy to think about.  In just about a week, I will hit my five month mark.  Is it going really fast for all of you, or is it just me?

     With the Elder thing, I would do it.  He is right, in that you should pick a date in your mind, and pray to Heavenly Father, to feel the Spirit and see if it would be the right day.  Just keep praying about it and don’t just wait for the Spirit to come to you with it.  Sometimes we need to act first and do the part before we can feel the Spirit.

     Before I end this letter, I want to talk a little about testimonies and an experience I had this past week with testimonies.  So during exchanges this week, Elder Higbee switched with an English missionary for a day.  So I spoke and contributed much more on that day in everything that we did.  I loved that day, and I was so pleased with how I did that day.  It truly was something that I needed.  So we had a dinner appointment with the Marquez family.  Which the food was really good, and they had a great habanero salsa!  Anyway, after the dinner, we got together in the living room and had a lesson.  We were talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ for a little bit, when we shifted to testimonies.  It was fabulous!  We had a lot of participation from the family too.  Then right before we were going to end, I told them that I wanted to bear my testimony.  So I bore my testimony.  Everyone was paying very close attention, and the Spirit was so strong.  While I was bearing my testimony, Sister Marquez was tearing up.  I bore it with power to the family, and everyone could feel it.  I once heard that, “if we share our testimonies, often, then we will keep it.  But if we keep our testimonies to ourselves, then we will lose it.”  It is so true!  We need to bear our testimonies often or else we will lose it.  We also need to share what we know to be true in our testimony.  That is what a testimony is.  Testimonies are powerful, and will touch people’s lives.  I want to challenge all of you to all bear your testimony in a family home evening, so that it can be written in heaven and that you will keep it.  I know that if you bear your testimonies more often, then you will be able to keep your testimony, and continue to grow it.

     I love you all so much, each and every one of you.   Stay strong, do good, and know that I love you all.  


Fresh Salsa by Carranza

5 Roma tomatoes
2 Serrano peppers
½ bunch of cilantro
1tsp chicken bouillon
1 pinch of salt

No comments:

Post a Comment