!?Como estan?! Guess what!? I got a call from president Clayton today! He said that when I get my visa, they won't send me to Mexico until the Guadalajara transfer. So I get there with everyone else at the same time. And the next Guadalajara transfer is on May 21. So that means I am here till May 21 for sure. If I don't get my visa till then, then I will leave 6 weeks later if my visa comes in after. So now I have dates. So it is soooooooooooo nice to know I won't be leaving within 48 hours all the time. I will also be spending Mother's day here too!
Today is just so great! I got your package and I absolutely love everything in it! The taco time sauce, takis, my favorite candies. I loved it! Thank you so much! :)
My reading right now is Alma 15(spanish), 1 chronicles 19, Galatians 2. So it is coming well! :)
I have such a big smile today! Also the refund from taxes too! :) So it's been a pretty crazy week. I have two stories to tell.
The first story is.... I ate three fresh habaneros in twenty seconds, and I didn't drink for ten minutes after! The district leader said he ate one and a half habaneros and he didn't believe I liked spicy food. And he challenged me to eat two. Then I was like pshhhhh, I'll double what you do. I said if you get me three habaneros, I'll do your challenge. So then the next day, he got three habaneros, and his companionship and the zone leaders companionship came to our apartment during lunch hour. They circled around me with their cameras and they bagan to video. I ate one per five seconds. I popped them in and ate them. At first they tasted like bell peppers and then the spiciness came! I actually handled it very well! Just my face got red! Nothing else! Everyone was really impressed. So now I have bragging rights in the district, and I can tell members about that story so they believe that I can handle hot foods. They don't believe me but I sure do and they all get super surprised. hahaha It was awesome. Oh and let me say this...the mad dawg sauce at firehouse subs is hotter. My next step on the scale is the red habanero and then probably the ghost chili pepper(the hottest pepper in the world) haha
So we were riding our bikes at night. We are going around looking for some hispanics to teach on this one road that I felt inspired to go up. So we go up into this neighborhood, and we are trying to listen for Spanish speakers as we ride slowly by the houses. Then up ahead, I see like a black blob blur thing in the middle of the road. Im thinking it's a dog or a cat just laying in the road. So we get up close and about ten feet away, we shine our bike lights at the animal looking thing. And all of the sudden we noticed it was 8 SKUNKS huddled together. We were freaking out! I was like " Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" The skunks got up and formed a formation. They got in a line and turned around. And we were trying to get away as fast as we could! I couldnt get a grip on my pedals so I was freaking out more. Elder HIgbee was like " GO GO GO" and I was freaking out like I would with bugs. Finally we got far away enough, and luckily we didnt get sprayed. We were soooo close to getting sprayed. We flew out of the neighborhood. Boy was it crazy. Lets just say that I will be telling this story for a long time... hahahaha :)
So for the Spiritual thought this week in email is 1 Corinthians 10:13. I came across it in my studies this week. I love how it says that there is no temptation that we can't overcome, and it says that God prepares a way for us to escape sin. It's so true! We can overcome any temptation that comes our way. Some temptations can be tougher than others, but we can all overcome them. What are some things to help us overcome temptation? We can pray to help us overcome it in our morning prayers, read scriptures, sing hymns, or write a missionary ;) hahaha But really, I challenge you all to include overcoming temptation in your prayers more often. I also want you to remember this scripture, and know that God prepares a way to escape it and that we can overcome any temptation that comes our way. Whenever you have a bad thought, sing a hymn. Whenever you have the desire to sin and you are near your scriptures, pull the scriptures out. Sins dont just effect us, what we do effects other people too. But even if you do happen to fall into temptation, remember that there is the Atonement. Christ suffered for all of our sins, temptations, sicknesses, and afflictions. Repentance is a wonderful thing. I love you all, and I want you to always to remember Christ, the Atonement, and His teachings. I know you will be blessed by doing so. Peace and joy will come to the family. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment