Tuesday, April 3, 2012
I loved general conference
How is everyone? You can go ahead and send a package if you want and letters. If it gets here and I leave they will just forward it to me and I have a feeling Ill be here a couple more weeks. The one letter is longer because I didnt have as much time to email. Anyway, Im still in San Diego. Im starting to pray for an answer now whether I stay in Cali or go to Mexico so I dont have to live in a life of where I dont know where Im going. So I loved General Conference this week! Something that really stuck out to me was the fact that they really hit on families in all five sessions. That was the main topic. The family really is the most sacred and important unit in this life and in eternal life. They kept talking about loving one another, supporting each other, and how important a family is. We also need to keep in mind what Quentin L Cook said how parents praying with the children is possibly the most important thing for them to do together. He also said religious observance in the home blesses families. I believe that is true. I wouldnt be where I am today if we didnt have religous observance in the home. Also Cheryl A Esplin said that parents are to teach to understand the doctrine. I really liked that. The doctrine of christ is also the missionary purpose. It consists of five things... They are 1. faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement 2. repentence 3 baptism 4. gift of the holy ghost 5. enduring to the end. If these five things are put into fhe and many other things you do, you will see miracles and it will be a more Christ centered home. I noticed it in a few talks how we must teach and become familiar with the "gospel or doctrine of christ" I really liked how they really talked about families in the talks this conference. It kind of made me homesick but then I realized that im blessing my family while Im out here so it is all good! I also loved President Uchtdorfs talk about not judging, loving our enemies, Depending on the mercy of God, and forgiving all men including ourselves. Its so true. Yourself can be the hardest person to forgive, but we have to do it after we repent. When we repent, we need to forgive ourselves. Forgive and forget. I just love his talks. He has a powerful voice and is really good at giving talks. Also people arent perfect so we must forgive. I really love the story of Christ when they talk about stoning the lady because she was caught in adultury and they asked christ if they should do it like it said in the law of moses. And Jesus said that he who is without sin, let him first stone her. And all of them had left there because they all sinned. Its true, we all sin differently so we shouldnt judge other people. We should love other people. God loves us just as much as anyone else. He can just be more disappointed in others. I love you all. Stay strong and Im happy you are being blessed and doing the things I suggest. They will help out a lot. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment