How's it going?!
My reading right now is 2 kings 7, Romans 14, and Alma 7(spanish). So I've been keeping up my reading.
So you wanted to know about the laundromat, and my shopping. Well we go to our apartment laundry room and we do our laundry every pday morning and for shopping, we ride our bikes to Walmart and get the food and supplies that we need. Today for shopping, Im getting eggs, milk, and ramen. I already have enough stuff this week from what I bought last week.
Something crazy happened this week. We were walking out of a members apartment and then we see a black guy walk out of his apartment. Then he starts cussing at us and told us to get out of the apartment complex. And he says that he will usher us out of there. We asked how he was doing and he said "I don't believe in Brigham Young!" and he still cussed as we were walking out with him. We introduced ourselves and then he said "well you guys are full of 'beep'" and he said "why y'all harrassing people?" and we said that we were at a member of our churchs house. Then he was like oh really. And we said yeah. Then he was like " get!" and then we asked him what his name was after we
introduced ourselves and he said, "I DONT HAVE A NAME!" and we were just being really nice to him the whole time. We could tell he wasn't going to have a change of heart so we just rode off. hahaha I was just cracking up in my head while this was all happening. He probably has short term memory loss too. Because we would tell him something and then he would forget like a minute later. So that is my interesting story this week.
I'm opening up more in lessons now! I am understanding the language more now, so I can put in more input. It makes me happy to finally be able to voice more. I am so grateful for the support and the love that you have given me. If you want to send a package or mail this week it is probably still okay to do so. I just won't be able to reply about it in the email that I send to the family next week because I will be getting the mail later in the day and after I had already read email.
No comments:
Post a Comment