Monday, September 3, 2012

I do love many parts about being in Mexico


To be honest, this was a super rough week for me... I found out that I left my memory card at the computer place and it got stolen... I had a really hard time when I found that out... I lost all of the rest of my pictures from San Diego, and the majority of the pictures I have taken here.
I was also sick for 3 to 4 days. We went out and worked and it was tough.

Also we walked through a flood this week. The water was almost up to my knees. Also we have found another scorpion in the house, a tarantula, a big frog, and a snake. We found all of these in the house.. That only made me freak out a bit.


The zone that I am in is the Santiago Ixuintla zone. We had our zone conference in Santiago which is a town near Villa Hidalgo. It is maybe 3 or 4 times as big as Villa Hidalgo. I am liking my zone and my mission president.

The weirdest thing I have eaten here in Mexico so far has been chicken liver. I actually just had that on Friday. Let's just say that it was super disgusting. I was polite though.
  
I haven't played the piano yet. It will probably be a couple more weeks. I only practice at most a half hour every 2 to 3 days. I am improving though. I can do most of the hymns with only the top notes. Do you have any suggestions so that I can improve quicker?
We baptized Maricruz this past Saturday. It was a neat experience. We had a good turn out at her baptism. She had a lot of support. It was a really neat experience. I can definitely see the change in her from the beginning when we first started teaching her a few weeks ago. She seems to have that glow that comes from being a member of our church. Elder Hartmann baptized her,while another member and I were witnesses. 


It really makes me happy. We have been working super hard. There hasn't been a baptism since March, here in Villa Hidalgo. That is not very good at all. Baptisms should be a lot more frequent. But now we are turning this area around and making it a better area and branch.

Sergio came to church on Sunday. So now he needs the lessons, and then he can be baptized. We are hoping he will be baptized by the end of September.

We are still waiting on a return appointment from Cristina.
I do love many parts about being in Mexico and I do very well miss San Diego. Well I'm trying to be positive and keep moving forward even with all these trials that have come my way this past week. I hope everything goes well and make sure to stay strong, do good and read the Book of Mormon. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment