Monday, April 22, 2013

Meet Elder Tejada

h



This week was different and pretty tough.  I received my son, Elder Tejada.  Elder Tejada is from Chinbote, Peru.  He is really shy and quiet but he doesn't complain about anything.  The culture in Peru is different from Mexico.  They don’t have tortillas and they have lots of different words.  They both speak Spanish but there are differences.



I am also district leader of two other companionships.  The other two are Arquitectura II and the sisters in Independencia.  What’s difficult is having to train, be district leader, and help the Elders in Arquitectura II open their area.  Three of the four elders a week ago left the ward.  I am the survivor.  I have had to help the other three meet the members and learn their areas.  The two that are opening Arquitectura II are Elders Montiel and Agustin.  Elder Montiel is my son and Elder Agustin was in another ward in the state when I was zone leader.  Two elders with six months in the mission are opening that area. 

Well, how are you all doing?  I am sure you are all excited about the Temple in Cedar City.  I sure am excited, but who knows how long it will take before it is built and open.

When you send the next package, I need black socks and white shirts.  

We also have more good investigators.  Rosa, her daughter and Rosa’s husband went to church yesterday.  We have a baptismal date for them for May 4th.  They have gone to church two times now.  Also, Margarita Aguirre went to church too.  She has gone five times now.  She also has a baptismal date for May 4th.  They all want to get baptized.  I’m excited for when they do.

Anyway, I love you family!  Do good, share the gospel, and strive to be like Christ.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment