Monday, December 10, 2012

The Lord protects His missionaries


What have you all been up to?  Was your week good?  Mine was so so.

You had dinner with M Hartmann!  That’s good that you love him.  You also looked at all my pictures?  Did the pictures help you understand a bit more of my life down here?  Glad to hear you all enjoyed your mini surprises, or at least I hope you did.
    
I made my Thanksgiving today for lunch.  It all turned out really great.  I finished cooking it all in less than forty minutes.  It was delicious and my companion agrees.  He says thanks.  It was his first Thanksgiving meal in his life.  He really, really likes the stuffing.  The only thing I messed up a bit on was the gravy.  We don’t have measuring cups and measurements down here are different so I was trying to do my best.  Everything turned out really well.  The gravy was still good but a bit runny.  Anyway, thank you a lot for the Thanksgiving package.


So my new favorite food in the world is similar to a breakfast burrito.  It is chorizo, eggs, potatoes, onions and Serrano peppers put together.  Then when I finish cooking that, I warm up some tortillas and then eat like a king.  I never knew I could find something better than breakfast burritos.  I also made some potatoes, eggs and onions.  While I was eating it with tortillas, I recognized a taste that I have had before.  I couldn’t think of what it was.  Then Bam!  I realized it was like Burek.  It tasted just like it.  I couldn’t believe it.  That was definitely a tender mercy for me.

I also had a drunk guy with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other yell at me in my face.  He was definitely in my bubble.  I completely ignored him.  Nothing happened.  I know that the Lord is watching over me though.  He easily could have gotten violent with me.  The Lord protects His missionaries. 

I don’t know when you are going to send your next package, but when you do, can I get a couple more ties for gray pants?  Some of my ties are stained from sunscreen too.

I really enjoyed the picture you sent me with the family and Elder Hartmann with a picture of me in his hands.  I wish I could have been there.  Next year I will be.


I’m excited to get Christmas cards with the pictures.  Actually a bit nervous too with how different everyone is going to look.  I’m afraid it will be big changes and I’ll only be at my one year mark.

Anyway, do good, be smart, stay strong, don’t change too much (physically, so that I can’t recognize you), and remember that I love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment