The Olympics! I havent heard anything about it. Thank you for the review on the olympics. It sounds like we beasted the olympics. hahaha
Yes, this area is tougher because of what past missionaries have done in this town. Missionaries have swam, had girlfriends, snuck out at night, law of chastity problems, and a lot more smaller disobedience things. Its really sad, but we are doing our best to change the reputation of missionaries here. The mission president has a lot of faith in us here. We are doing a lot of work with members and we are reactivitating a lot of people.
It´s true. I am learning how to play hymns so that I will be able to play for the branch. I haven't yet but I am practicing. A question... What are the notes for the left hand? I forgot. I know the right hand, so that is what I have been practicing.
I dont have an apartment.. haha I have a little house. I will send some pictures next week of what it looks like. It is brick ceiling. There are a bunch of ants everywhere. There are lots of daddy long leg looking spiders on the ceiling. We have a small little fridge, a small little stove, and we have some wires to hang clothes. We have a pila right out back. We also have a nanchi tree. It is a fruit. Its pretty good. Also we have 3 fans. We use the bigger one to put by the window at night to give us a homemade air conditioner. Then we have 2 other fans over us in the night to help cool down and to keep mosquitos off of us. Sometimes we sleep with a sheet and sometimes it is even too hot to sleep with a sheet.
I am getting a little used to the pila and the drowning humidity, but you know me... The bugs are still a huge problem for me... hahaha :D Lets just say that you guys would laugh at me everyday. I get freaked out by the spiders, beatles, ants, mosquitos, and the geckos that climb over the walls. I do like the geckos though. They eat the bugs on the walls. :D
I'm coming to a point of where I am forgetting English words and I still need a lot of help with the language. Sooner or later I will be like a caveman speaking "oh", "ahh", "oo" I'll be the only person in the world to be able to speak that language. haha
I love you and I hope you know that. I pray for you all and I love hearing from you. Getting the emails and letters really does help me out and it gives me that boost for the next week. Stay strong, do good, and be grateful for what you have.
ps. The closest bigger city I live closer to in Mexico is Tepic. I think your Spanish friends will know that. Maybe they will know Santiago too. That is even closer to Villa Hidalgo.
No comments:
Post a Comment