Elder Hartmann
Well I am here in Mexico!!! It has been quite an interesting week to say the least.
My companion is a really good missionary. He is obedient and one of the best missionaries, so says the president and some missionaries. He is from Las Vegas.
There are TONS of bugs. There are bugs in our house and in our yard and there are bugs every where. It was definitely one of the scariest days of my life the first day I arrived in Villa Hidalgo.
Villa Hidalgo is the poorest area in the mission. It is also the hottest and one of the most humid areas in the mission. And I am just so lucky to be here in the hottest time of the year... hahahah
There have been lots of changes. Like president Clayton said, It is going to be a tough transfer and I have compared to the other mission. I am looking for the good here though.
Also I get stared down every where I go. Not a single red head has gone through this town, and VERY rarely have there been white people to come through this town. So it's not a great feeling but I just smile. :) hahaha
We also have to wash our own clothes, in what they call a pila. We wash all of it by hand and soap. So that is interesting.
The spanish is tough, but I am learning slowly but surely. Im learning a bit quicker here than I did in San Diego.
Remember that I love you. Stay strong, do good, and keep praying to our Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment