Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let the Spirit speak through you


     It's nice to hear that the trip is going well. I really wished I could go on that trip. It would remind me of my church history trip in a way. I got to drive through Kansas, see chimney rock, see some temples, and have long rides. Enjoy it and have fun! :D

      I’ve been pretty good this week. Nothing out of the ordinary here, besides going on exchanges with a greenie. On Thursday, I went with the greenie(Elder Campbell) in his area for 24 hours. Let's just say that it was pretty interesting. Neither of us are good at Spanish, but I knew a lot more than him still. So I had to do most of the communicating with all the people we visited. I also led everything, and I basically was a senior companion and trainer for the day. It was very new to me, with me being in such a foreign position to me. It’s weird to think that I am getting closer to the point of possibly training and/or becoming district leader. Time flies! We actually also had a lesson with one of their investigators that just moved to the United States like a month ago. So he didn’t know any Spanish... But it went really well and we got through the whole thing no problem. That exchange was definitely a confidence booster. It was also good practice for the future. I learned quite a bit from that exchange.

      I’m also getting a lot better at teaching. Nothing is memorized anymore with missionaries. We are all lead by the spirit now.  I have almost mastered the "pause" technique. After the companion is done speaking, there is a short little pause where you can tell he is done speaking and its not long enough to make it awkward. Then the next companion comes in and says what he wants and is inspired to say. I have it down now, and it feels so great! The key is to just rely on the Spirit. Don't worry about what you want to say. All you have to do is open your mouth and the words will flow, and the spirit will speak through you. It is so neat, and it is amazing to see day to day. All we have to do is take the effort to open our mouth and just begin to speak and the Lord will do his part through the Spirit. It is so amazing. I hope you all can recognize the spirit. I hope now that you will learn how to have the Spirit speak though you. This will be a huge tool on your mission to know how to be able to do that. It takes practice. I want to challenge you all to practice teaching something. All of you have your turns and have a companion in a family home evening, and then I want mom and dad to pick a random topic for the "companionship" and then I want you to try to teach that principle. I learned in the MTC that teaching something will help you learn and retain more than you could any other way. Learn to teach and teach through the Spirit. Practice letting the Spirit speak through you.

      I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic trip. Remember that I love you and pray for you everyday. Stay strong, do good, and learn to rely on the spirit. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment