Thursday, January 19, 2012

Read "The Book of Mormon"

Querido familia,
     Hola! Como le va?! I'm doing pretty well this morning and have been the past week. So it has been good! First off, I just want to know where David Archuleta is serving and when he reports. The rumor is Chile and that he reports in two weeks. If this is true, another rumor is that he will be in our zone. Which basically means I will see him every day, at least twice a day. And there is a high possibility he could end up as a roommate to me and Elder Fox. So a little clarification would be nice. It’s crazy to think this may be true.
      So here we are speaking a lot more Spanish. Every day, but parts of the day. We teach all of our lessons to our investigators in Spanish. I have gained more and more confidence in the Lord and in Spanish, and teaching than when I was first here. It’s not a huge deal now. So all is well. Every lesson we teach by the Spirit. The Spirit is so crucial with teaching. We don’t teach lessons, we teach people according to their needs and then listen to the Holy Ghost. So many cool experiences. I feel the spirit every day. Like a dream come true!!! :) But don’t get me wrong, the MTC is a tough place! People HAVE to prepare or else, they WILL NOT last here. It was even tough for me and I thought I was way prepared.


       I love you all so much. Listen to the Spirit, work hard, do your part and I promise the Lord will bless you tremendously. Read the Book of Mormon. If you know the Book of Mormon is true, then you will know that the rest of this church has to be true. A testimony of the Book of Mormon is sooooooo important. Love it and Live it! I love you!  Expect another letter in the mail! I love you all!

Con amor, Elder Loveland

     Estoy agracido por sus cartas.  Me gustan las cartas.  ¿Cómo le va?
     Here is a bit of Español for all of you!  So things are finally getting better here.  I’m speaking and understanding more Español every day.  It is quite amazing!  Like I said in the email, we teach our “investigators” with only Español.  Every leccion.  It used to be quite intimidating, but now it is getting easier and easier to teach now.
     I do go to the temple aqui.  Every pday we can go into the temple.  It has been good going to the temple.  The Spirit is so strong there, and I love it!  Also, on every Sunday, we go on temple walks and take pictures there.  I really hope I will be able to go to the Guadalajara temple.


  I see Wes quite a bit now.  Almost every day now for at least five minutes.  It’s so fun talking to him and seeing him.


      Thank you so much for the David and Goliath lyrics.  I love them so much.  I am guarding them with my life.
     Also, what track am I on for BYU-I?  And thank you kids for writing me.  It means a lot to me.  Also, thank you mom and dad for the dearelders too.  It’s been really nice.  I can’t believe it has been three weeks!  One more week and it will have been a moth!
     I love you all and make sure to stand strong, and look for blessings.  Love you!
Love, Elder Loveland

1 comment:

  1. We love Corbin! We started reading the Book of Mormon as a family. It has been a blessing. I am thankful for Corbin's example to our whole family.
    C&S Loveland

    ReplyDelete