Monday, January 21, 2013

Reach the goal


I’m doing fine, and I’m a bit nervous for what is going to happen this next week.  We have mission president interviews on Wednesday, and it is the end of the transfer this Sunday.  I will be done with training Elder Montiel, and I have a feeling that I’ll be transferred to a different area.  I really don’t want to leave here despite how difficult it is here in Villa Hidalgo.  I have seen so much progress.  Two people have been baptized; I have reactivated a few people and families, the church attendance has risen from seventeen people to fifty five people, missionaries have gained member trust, I’ve learned how to be a senior companion, and a trainer.  When I first arrived, President Wagner also gave me a goal to get two Sundays in a row with at least fifty people.  He said that when I achieve this goal, he would come to Villa Hidalgo.  I’m not sure what he’ll do, but I really want to stay one more transfer so that I can see Villa Hidalgo reach that goal.  I have seen so much progress.   I can say that Villa Hidalgo has been a success for me and for here.

Oh wow, I think I have five packages coming my way now.  One from Grandma C, one from home, one from Ashley and one from M Hartmann.  Hopefully I can get them this Wednesday. 

We were actually going to have a baptism this Saturday, but there is a district conference now, so we had to postpone it.  Now I’m not sure if I’m going to see his baptism.  His name is Carlos, we have been activating his family and he has been coming to church.  Yet another reason I want to stay here one more transfer.

Again Mom, I want to thank you so much for writing to me every single week.  I really appreciate it more than you think.  I can tell that you love me.  J  Please know that I am truly grateful for you.  I really have had a couple of dreams of where I arrive home, and I just give you such a great big hug.  Then the normal happens in my dreams.  I can’t remember the last part of my mission.  Hahaha  I remember having a dream like that in San Diego and I was like, “What happened to the majority of my mission?”  Haha  Well, eleven more months of serving the Lord and then I will be able to hug my mom.  Again, thank you.

As district leader, I went on exchanges with the elders in San Blas this past week for three days.  Their members give them so much food.  I tried oysters this week.  I liked how it tasted but the texture was terrible.  It was like chewing on gew with a tad bit of meat.  I ate quite a bit.  I also went there to see how the obedience was doing, to help train and to help them.  Their house is also like ten times better, but that’s fine.  I’m used to my house here.

I love you all!  Do good, stay strong, and live as if Jesus was going to come today.
                  
                

No comments:

Post a Comment